- Property covers 4,077 hectares (73 claims ) and is 100% held by Harfang (33F07); no NSR
- Covers a portion of the Casa Berardi deformation corridor 5 km north of the Douay gold deposit
- Located 40 km southwest of Matagami
- Accessible by trucks along logging roads
- Dominated by metamorphosed sedimentary rocks of the Taibi Group including greywackes, argilites and siltstones with volcaniclastites, Algoma-type iron formations, and micro-conglomerates
5 diamond drillholes (944 m) and 12 reverse circulation drillholes in overburden done in the 1980’s
- Thick overburden cover (up to 30-50 m) with limited outcrop exposures
Figure 1. Location of the Douay North Project north of the Douay Gold Deposit along the Casa Berardi Deformation Corridor.
- Possible major regional structure interpreted from the angular relationships between magnetic features (junction between two lithological domains)
- Same stratigraphic level as the Vezza Mine located 20 km to the east
- Multiple shear zones were drilled showing sericitization and minor silicification
Harfang is looking for two project geologists.